It is never too early to start planning! This section contains events, resources, and links to help you navigate your career.
Prepare for your search: Get your CV and other materials ready to distribute.
- Share your CV with your faculty advisor and other colleagues for critical feedback.
- For sample CVs in the life sciences, visit UCSF’s Office of Career and Professional Development. For samples in the physical sciences, arts, humanities, and social sciences, read The Academic Job Search Handbook, by Julia Miller Vick and Jennifer S. Furlong.
- For sample teaching statements, check out the University of Michigan’s compilation of samples.
- Review past events, including Preparing for the Academic Job Search and Propel Careers Transferable Skills Seminar, Propel Careers Informational Interviewing Seminar
- If you are looking for a non-academic job, make sure you have a professional-looking headshot for your LinkedIn profile. Sign up for our next photo shoot session here
Network, network, network!
- Read through Networking in Academia.
Report your success by contacting us. Good luck, and all the best!